Rodney A. Myer
Since 2003, RODNEY MYER, the managing attorney of Kennedy, PC Law Offices’ Philadelphia-area office, has focused his legal practice on health law, guardianships for incapacitated adults, Medicaid eligibility law, fiduciary law, and collections. Before attending law school, Mr. Myer obtained detailed knowledge of the Medicaid eligibility process as a mental health case manager.
He is a 2002 graduate of The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law. At Dickinson, Mr. Myer was honored with a Dean’s Scholarship and named as a senior editor of the Penn State International Law Review. Mr. Myer’s article, “Domains Without Borders: Reconciling Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policies and Trademark Rights between the United States and the Nations of the European Union,” was published in the Penn State International Law Review.
Mr. Myer served a 3-year term as a vice-chair for the American Health Lawyers Association’s Post Acute and Long-Term Services Practice Group. In addition, Mr. Myer was a co-author of a chapter in the 2nd edition of the AHLA’s Accountable Care Organization Handbook on the topic of “ACOs and Post Acute Care Providers.”
Mr. Myer co-presented at the World Congress on Adult Guardianship on the topic of “The Need for Greater Enforceability of Guardianship Orders Across Domestic and International Borders.”
During his undergraduate studies at Eastern Mennonite University, Mr. Myer was elected student government co-president. He lives near Philadelphia with his wife, two sons, and daughter.
- The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law J.D., 2002
- Eastern Mennonite University B.A., Psychology, 1998
- Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (2002) and the State of New Jersey (2006).
- A Place at the Table: The Opportunities and Risks for Post Acute Providers’ Collaborations and Partnerships with Accountable Care Organizations, November 2015, PHCA.
- The ABCs of Accountable Care Organizations and Post-Acute Care Providers, April 2015, PACAH.
- Civil Litigation Updates: A Discussion of Pennsylvania’s Statutory Duty of Support, Responsible Party Liability, and the use of Arbitration Agreements, November 2014, PHCA.
- Two Acts to Consider: The Elder Justice Act and the Elder Care Payment Restitution Act, October 2014, PACAH.
- Cracking the Secrets of Agency: The Powers and Duties of Agents under Powers of Attorney, Health Care Agents, and Health Care Representatives, October 2014, PACAH.